The MALAYSIAN INDIAN CHEFS ASSOCIATION, a non-profitable association was launched in Petaling Jaya recently and held at Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Bestari Damansara (Petaling Jaya) on 3rd December, 2017 from 12 – 3 pm. The association was mooted and chaired by celebrity Chef Narayanan G. Marimuthu aka Chef Ricky Narayanan. The official event was
The following very important guests graced the occasion:
- Dato’ B Sahadevan, Managing Director and Secretary of NLFCS
- Steven Baptist, Principal of SMK Bestari Damansara
- Chef Devagi Sanmugam, Celebrity Chef and Author from Singapore
- Chef Kairuddin Bin Kamaruddin, President, Chefs Association of Malaysia, 2016
- Ramesh M. Gesan, Project Director & Event Manager of Amma Samayal 2017 – ACE ARENA SB
- Muthu Kumaran, Celebrity Host
Several Indian senior and junior celebrity chefs from different parts of Malaysia, representatives from food and service related companies, sponsors and supporting friends and relatives also attended the event.
This is the vision and mission of the association:
Our vision is to become one, strong unit of Malaysian Indian cooks and chefs working all over the world. We also aim to form a foundation for the future of MICA Culinary Teams to take part in national and world level competitions.
- We aim to recognise all Indian talented chefs and budding chefs and guide them to be world class chefs.
- We will encourage members to participate in international culinary competitions held globally to share professional knowledge and experiences.
- We plan to work closely with NGOs to do community level projects such as charity fund raising events, food festivals and other social and educational activities.
- We will encourage and promote an atmosphere of friendship and goodwill through regular gatherings and workshops, demonstrations and lectures by invited guest speakers and celebrity chefs.
- MICA will encourage the development of Culinary Arts in the community.
The launch event was sponsored by Chakra Catering Sevices, Amma Samayal Production, Dayaz Pharma, My Sihat, SMK Sri Bestari Damansara and My. Banner Sdn Bhd.
If you are enquiries or would like to be a member of MICA, inquiries please contact :-
Chef Narayanan Marimuthu
Mobile Contact :- 0111 5325708