Waffles are great to eat any time of the day. You can experiment making waffles with different types or combinations of flour. Apart from serving waffles with sweet accompaniments, you can serve them with any savoury toppings like crispy bacon or fried chicken. I recently experimented making waffles with a combination of coconut milk and milk. The result is what I am sharing with you today. If you are a fan of durian, chempedak or jackfruit, you can use them instead of bananas.
300 g plain flour
2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
60 g caster sugar
3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
250 ml coconut milk
125 ml milk
100 ml melted Q.B.B. Pure Ghee
150 g mashed ripe bananas
3 egg whites
- Sift flour and baking powder together into a bowl. Add on the salt and sugar and mix well.
- Combine egg yolks, coconut milk, milk, and melted Q.B.B. Pure Ghee together.
- Make a well in the flour and pour this mixture in. Mix to a smooth batter. Add in mashed banana and mix in lightly.
- Whisk the egg whites till soft peaks form.
- Fold into the batter.
- Heat a waffle maker and spoon batter into it. Cook till it is ready.
- Alternatively, heat a non-stick pan and cook in it.
- Serve with more banana slices if desired.