Kids love colourful cookies. Here is a cookie recipe for the school holidays and Hari Raya Puasa, that kids will surely love! You can also replace the colourful “freckles” (or rainbow as it is sometimes called) with chocolate rice or the colourful hundreds and thousands.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 25 minutes
Makes: 30 pieces
200 g Q.B.B. Pure Ghee
80 g salted butter
260 g caster sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
200 g desiccated coconut
460 g self-raising flour
100 ml milk or more
200 g colourful ‘freckles’
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line a few baking trays with non-stick paper.
- Cream Q.B.B. Pure Ghee, butter and sugar until pale. Add vanilla essence and combine well.
- Add in the coconut and self-raising flour. Stir to combine well. Add in the milk and knead lightly to form firm dough. If too dry, add a few more tablespoons milk.
- Pinch pieces of dough and roll into small balls.
- Roll the balls in the freckles and place them on the baking trays. Press lightly to flatten the cookie. Repeat procedure until all the dough has been used up.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve after cooling them down.