This tasty and easy-to-prepare garlic butter prawns dish is great as an appetizer or served with bread. I remember eating this in Perth in one of the restaurants by the sea. They gave us a newspaper to place on the table so that we could help ourselves to a huge bowl of steaming hot garlic prawns and mess the table with the heads and shells of the prawns. Alternatively, you can also marinate the prawns with the pounded ingredients and salt. Then barbecue them and finish the dish off by brushing Q.B.B. Pure Ghee on it.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
80 g garlic cloves, peeled
1 teaspoon black peppercorns
50 g Q.B.B. Pure Ghee
40 g spring onions, chopped finely
500 g large prawns, deveined and legs trimmed but with shells on
1 teaspoon sea salt
50 ml freshly squeezed lime juice
Chopped coriander leaves or parsley for garnishing
- Place garlic cloves and black peppercorns in a mortar and pestle. Pound them coarsely.
- Heat Q.B.B. Pure Ghee in a wok and add in the pounded ingredients and the chopped spring onions. Sauté over medium heat until aromatic.
- Add in the prawns and salt. Stir fry over high heat until the prawns turn pink and curl up.
- Remove from stove and add in the lime juice.
- Toss lightly and sprinkle with chopped coriander leaves before serving.