The creamy sauce, together with the aroma of curry leaves, is very appetizing, whether you cook chicken, fish or crabs with it. You can marinate the chicken pieces and cook the sauce well in advance and keep it refrigerated. Just before meal time, deep fry the chicken and toss it in the heated sauce. If you find the sauce too thick, dilute with more milk or water.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
1 egg white
20 g custard powder
10 g corn flour
½ teaspoon salt
500 g chicken fillets, cut into 4 cm pieces
Oil for deep frying
4 tablespoons Q.B.B. Pure Ghee
1 teaspoon salt
6 garlic cloves, minced
6 red chilli padies, sliced
4 sprigs curry leaves
1 egg yolk
200 ml evaporated milk
1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine (optional)
- Place the first 4 ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir to combine well.
- Add in the chicken pieces and coat with the marinade. Leave aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil for deep frying and fry the chicken pieces until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper towels and keep aside.
- Heat Q.B.B. Pure Ghee and salt in a wok.
- Add the minced garlic, chilli padies and curry leaves and sauté till aromatic.
- Beat the egg yolk and combine with the evaporated milk and rice wine.
- Pour into the wok and bring to boil.
- Add in the fried chicken pieces and stir-around briskly to coat well.
- Serve hot.