These French toasts taste very different from the usual ones. The coconut cream makes the toast soft inside and crisp outside. Also, the use of baguettes makes the edges extra crispy. The mango salsa compliments it very well; but then you can also serve the toasts with honey, maple syrup or even chutney!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
40 g coconut cream
2 large eggs, beaten lightly
30 g brown sugar or caster sugar
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
4 slices baguette or other bread
Thirumala Ghee for frying
30 g honey or brown sugar
½ bird’s eye chilli, sliced
1 teaspoon minced ginger
¼ teaspoon salt
300 g cubed ripe mango
- Place the first 5 ingredients into a bowl and beat to combine well.
- Heat a frying pan with Thirumala Ghee, on medium heat.
- Dip the bread slices into the egg mixture and coat completely.
- Fry the bread pieces until golden-brown on both sides.
- Place on absorbent paper before transferring to serving plate.
- Combine honey, chilli, ginger and salt together and stir well. Add in the mango pieces and toss well.
- To serve, place the French toast onto a plate and top with the Mango Salsa.