Eating crabs in a restaurant is not only expensive but also messy. Crabs are delicious and can be served in any form; be it in salads and soups, or as main courses and starters. Do you know that crabs have beneficial nutrients like minerals, omega 3 fatty acids, vitamins and high quality proteins? Try this recipe this weekend and keep your family entertained at the dining table –they will love this dish!
Oil for deep frying
1 ½ kg mud crabs or crayfish, cleaned, washed and halved
TO MAKE THE SAUCE
100 g Q.B.B. Pure Ghee
2 green chillies, seeded and very finely sliced (optional)
10 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3 cm ginger, finely chopped
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
3 tablespoons black peppercorns, crushed coarsely
100 ml chicken stock or water
- Heat oil until very hot (preferably in a wok) and then deep fry the crabs or crayfish until the shell changes colour.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Melt the Q.B.B. Pure Ghee in a wok. Add in the chilli, garlic and ginger and sauté till aromatic – about 3 minutes.
- Add the oyster sauce, both soya sauces and sugar.
- Simmer for a few seconds and then add the black pepper.
- Continue cooking until the sauce thickens and then add the crabs or crayfish.
- Keep stirring until the crabs are well coated with the sauce and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Serve hot.