This is home cooking at its best; quick, but with deep flavours! Filled with crunchy and healthy vegetables, this quick stir –fry makes for a satisfying meal when served with rice.
2 tablespoons cooking oil
250 g chicken breasts, trimmed and cubed
1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
150 g long beans, trimmed and cut into 3cm lengths
150 g red capsicum, sliced
50 g Devagi Chilli Jam
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon grated palm sugar
80 g roasted cashew nuts
25 g fresh Thai basil leaves
Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Heat wok over high heat. Add half of the oil and swirl to coat.
- Stir-fry the chicken cubes and transfer to a bowl once it turns white.
- Add remaining oil to wok over high heat. Swirl to coat.
- Add onion and stir-fry until softened.
- Add chopped garlic and stir-fry until fragrant. Next, add long beans and capsicum. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add in the chicken pieces, Devagi Chilli Jam, fish sauce and palm sugar.
- Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce mixture is bubbling and heated through.
- Add in cashew nuts and basil leaves and do a quick toss.
- Serve with rice.