Fruit Tarts and Tartlets are extremely pretty to look at and of course with cream cheese filling and raspberries topping, they are just so irresistible and heavenly! I have wanted to eat a fruit tart laden with lots of berries for some time and so last week when I found some raspberries so darned cheap in the supermarket I decided to bake me some raspberry tartlets. Though I like blueberries equally, raspberries are much prettier on photographs! You can make a large raspberry tart or many small ones but I think the small ones are easier to eat and dainty to serve. You can use this basic recipe and top up with other fruits too. The pastry can be frozen baked or unbaked. Unfortunately, you cannot keep the cream cheese icing for more than 2 days in the refrigerator.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes
Makes: 10 pcs
TO MAKE THE PASTRY
125 ml Q.B.B. Pure Ghee
30 g caster sugar
1 small egg, lightly beaten
270 g plain flour, sifted
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Put Q.B.B. Pure Ghee and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
2. Gradually add the beaten egg, beating just until incorporated. Add flour and salt and mix just until it forms a ball. At this stage, the dough will be sticky.
3. Roll out the sweet pastry on floured surface and using a pastry cutter, stamp out circles to fit little tartlet cases.
4. Prick the bottom of dough with a fork to prevent the dough from puffing up as it bakes.
5. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 200° C and place rack in center of oven.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Remove from oven cool crust on wire rack before filling.
TO MAKE THE FILLING
250 g regular cream cheese
80 g caster sugar
grated zest of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Fresh raspberries or sliced strawberries
1. Combine cream cheese, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla extract in a bowl.
2. Beat well until well combined.
3. Place heaped filling in each prepared tart case and top with raspberries or strawberries.