This divine Morocco-inspired chicken and apricot served on fluffy and aromatic couscous is perfect for those who want a change from the usual meals. You can serve the chicken and apricot on basmati rice if you wish or just eat it with bread!
2 tablespoons Q.B.B Pure Ghee
120 g onion, thinly sliced
20 g chopped garlic
400 g chicken breasts, cubed
20 g chopped ginger
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 ½ teaspoon salt
100 g dried apricots, soaked in water for 2 hours
60 g pitted prunes
220 g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
500 g couscous
600 ml hot chicken stock
1 tablespoon melted Q.B.B Pure Ghee
Handful coriander, chopped, to serve
- Heat the Q.B.B Pure Ghee in a large frying pan and cook the onion and chopped garlic for 1-2 minutes, until just softened.
- Add the chicken and sauté for 5 minutes until cooked through and the onions have turned golden.
- Add in the chopped ginger, chilli powder and salt. Sauté till chicken is well coated with the ingredients. Remove from stove.
- Tip in the apricots, prunes, chickpeas and couscous. Pour the stock in and stir once.
- Cover with a lid and leave for about 5 mins until the couscous has soaked up all the stock and is soft.
- Drizzle in the melted Q.B.B. Pure Ghee and fluff up the couscous with a fork.
- Scatter the coriander leaves over and serve.