Friands were invented by the French and I am very grateful to them! Friands are delightful little cakes that are rich with almonds. Here is a chocolate version for Good Friday. I wish everyone happy Good Friday celebrations also a Happy Tamil New Year too!!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
70 g plain flour
50 g ground almond
25 g unsweetened cocoa powder
80 g icing sugar
80 ml melted Q.B.B. Pure Ghee
80 ml milk, room temperature
3 egg whites
Assorted caramel Easter eggs, jelly beans, chocolate balls
Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease 10 friand pans.
- Sift and combine flour, ground almond, cocoa powder and icing sugar in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- Pour melted Q.B.B. Pure Ghee and milk in. Stir until smooth.
- Use an electric beater to beat 3 egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold into the flour mixture until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into the friand pans.
- Scatter caramel Easter eggs, jelly beans or chocolate balls over each pan. Bake for 20 minutes until spongy to the touch. Cool in the pans.
- Remove and dust with extra icing sugar.