These flour-based croquettes are crispy on the outside and creamy and rich on the inside. I assure you will not stop at one once you start eating them! It makes for good party food that you can prepare in advance and fry just before the party begins.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
500 ml full cream milk
3 bay leaves
Peel of 1 lemon
70 g Q.B.B. Pure Ghee
70 g plain flour
250 g salmon, skinned and diced
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
Vegetable oil, for deep frying
3 eggs, lightly beaten with 2 tablespoons water and strained
250 g white breadcrumbs
- Place milk, bay leaves and lemon peel together in a pan and bring to boil over low heat. Let it simmer for 15 minutes and leave it to cool. Strain the milk.
- Heat the Q.B.B. Pure Ghee in a pan and tip in the flour.
- Cook over low heat, stirring often. Gradually add in the infused milk. Keep on whisking it until it thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in the diced salmon, salt and black pepper. Leave it aside to cool.
- Spread this mixture on a tray and keep refrigerated for it to firm up.
- Beat the eggs with water and strain it.
- Put the breadcrumbs in a shallow dish.
- Take the chilled salmon mixture. Using either a spoon or your hand, form into oval shaped croquettes.
- Dip in egg and then coat in breadcrumbs. Place on a tray and repeat procedure until all the mixture is used up.
- Leave the tray in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill.
- Heat oil for deep frying, about 180°C.
- Fry the croquettes in batches until golden brown.
- Remove from oil with slotted spoon and place the fried croquettes on kitchen paper towels.
- Serve hot.