I believe, even those who are not romantic by nature will love these pink Rose Semolina Cupcakes!! These simple semolina cupcakes will be the perfect gift for your loved ones on Valentine’s Day. They are not only easy to make but have great textures and taste compared to those cupcakes made with only flour.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Makes: 12 cupcakes
150 g Q.B.B. Ghee
150 g butter
300 g caster sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon rose essence
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
80 g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
300 g fine semolina
120 g ground almond
280 ml milk
1 teaspoon pink food coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cream Q.B.B. Ghee, butter, sugar and essence until fluffy. Add beaten egg, a little at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, semolina and ground almond in a bowl.
- Fold in the combine semolina mixture in 2 parts, alternating it with the milk mixed with pink colouring.
- Line muffin tins with paper cases. Scoop prepared batter into the paper cases until three-quarters full.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cake is cooked when tested with a wooden skewer. Place the cupcakes on wire rack to cool.
- Serve with frosting or without.
125 g Q.B.B. Ghee
200 g cream cheese spread
2 teaspoons rose essence
150 g icing sugar, sifted
Decorations or toppings for cupcakes
- Beat the Q.B.B. Ghee and cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add rose essence, icing sugar and colouring and beat well till light and smooth.
- Fill a piping bag and pipe out rosettes or other designs on the cooled cupcakes.