If you are thinking of serving a sweet dessert for your loved ones this Valentine’s Day, why not try this mug cake? Not only is it very simple, you can keep it frozen for many days too. Not only is it very simple, you can keep it frozen for many days too. Mug cakes can be made easily – as long as you have oven proof mugs. There is something exciting about scooping up a cake from your usual drinking mug is it not?
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 30 minutes
50 g cocoa powder, sifted
60 ml hot milk
140 g Q.B.B. Pure Ghee 200 g soft brown sugar 2 medium eggs 150 ml sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla essence 200 g self raising flour ½ teaspoon baking powder
1 jar Nutella
Raspberries or strawberries
Ice cream or whipped cream
- Combine cocoa powder and milk in a small bowl until smooth. Leave aside to cool.
- Cream Q.B.B. Pure Ghee and brown sugar until the mixture has a light colour.
- Gradually beat in the eggs, and then the sour cream and essence.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and cocoa mixture. Fold into the creamed mixture.
- Divide the batter into 6 oven-friendly mugs or cups. Drop 1 tablespoon of Nutella at the centre of the mixture in each mug.
- Bake at 180°C for 25-30 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve warm, with a scoop of ice cream and preferably some fruits on top.
- Alternatively, pour the batter into a 20cm cake tin lined with non-stick paper. Bake for 30 minutes and serve sliced with ice cream.