Have your ever tried making pasta without olive oil? I did, and I found that the flavour of prawns and pasta just lifts to another level when using ghee or butter. Replace linguine with other types of pasta if you like. You can also try adding asparagus to this recipe. A combination of both parsley and basil does justice to this dish too!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
375 g linguine
2 tablespoons Q.B.B. Pure Ghee
6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
400 g medium prawns, peeled (tails intact), deveined
½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
8 medium tomatoes, deseeded, finely chopped
1 teaspoon sea salt
3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley or basil leaves
- Boil linguine in plenty of water, per directions on packaging, until tender.
- Drain, reserving 100 ml cooking liquid. Keep pasta aside.
- Heat Q.B.B. Pure Ghee in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add prawns and chilli flakes. Stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until prawns are pink and cooked through.
- Add chopped tomatoes, salt, pasta and cooking liquid. Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir through parsley.