Savoury snacks are very much part of Deepavali celebrations. You can buy varieties of savoury snacks from most Indian shops. Almost all of them are deep fried in oil and unhealthy………even though the ingredients that are used to make these snacks may be healthy.
Here is a recipe for a very healthy snack that your guests and you will be addicted to. You can increase or decrease the quantities any of the ingredients. This Cornflakes and Nuts Mixture is an ideal gift that you can make in a few minutes!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
250 g cornflakes
100 g roasted gram
100 g roasted cashew nuts, fried in Thirumala Ghee
100 g roasted peanuts
100 g raisins, fried in Thirumala Ghee
1 tablespoon Thirumala Ghee
30 g garlic cloves, thinly sliced
3-4 sprigs curry leaves
15 g Kashmiri chilli powder
5 g asafoetida powder (optional)
10 g garam masala
5 g sugar
7 g fine salt
- Place the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Heat Thirumala Ghee and over low heat, fry the garlic slices and the curry leaves until the garlic slices become golden brown and the curry leaves turn an off-green colour.
- Turn off heat.
- Add in the chilli powder, asafoetida, garam masala, sugar and salt. Stir to combine well.
- Scrape all of these fried ingredients onto the combined nuts and cornflakes.
- Using gloved hands, toss well until the spices, garlic and curry leaves are evenly distributed.
- Leave it at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- Store into airtight containers and enjoy these healthy snacks.