The ice apple is a delicious fruit in that looks like a translucent jelly. Due to its cooling effect, it is known as ice apple and it provides a perfect balance of minerals and sugar for the body during the hot season. It is rich in B vitamins, iron and calcium.
25 g chia seeds
800 g unsweetened almond milk or soy milk
2 pieces of ice apple (palm fruit), sliced very thinly
120 g strawberries or ripe mango, mashed coarsely
Honey or maple syrup to sweeten (optional)
Extra almond or soy milk
- Soak chia seeds in the almond milk overnight in the refrigerator.
- When serving, place a few tablespoons of the soaked chia seeds in a bowl.
- Top with few slices of the ice apple and the mashed strawberries or mangoes.
- Pour more almond milk if desired
- Sweeten with honey or maple syrup.