This is one of my favourite creations! The use of Italian, Japanese and Indian ingredients makes this dish a hit with many people. You should try it. You can use other types of pasta or just make the prawns and edamame and serve it with rice!
60 g green chillies, chopped
50 g peeled ginger-garlic paste
30 g chopped coriander leaves
30 g chopped mint leaves
1 tablespoon coriander powder
2 teaspoons cumin powder
1 teaspoon black peppercorns
5 g salt
150 g coconut cream
1 tablespoon Q.B.B. Pure Ghee
1 cinnamon stick
1 teaspoon cardamoms
½ teaspoon fennel seeds
2 sprigs curry leaves, finely shredded
100 g chopped onions
700 g large fresh prawns, with tails intact
250 g edamame beans
1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
Salt and pepper
500 g spaghettini
1 ½ tablespoons Q.B.B. Pure Ghee
1 teaspoon white gram
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
3 dried chillies, cut into 3 cm pieces
2 sprigs curry leaves, finely chopped
1 medium onion, sliced
60 g julienned carrot
100 g julienned green capsicum
60 g julienned red capsicum
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Place the first 9 ingredients into a blender and blend till smooth.
- Heat Q.B.B. Pure Ghee and fry the cinnamon, cardamoms and fennel seeds until aromatic.
- Add in the curry leaves and chopped onions and sauté till onions turn golden brown.
- Add in the blended paste and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until the ghee separates.
- Add in the prawns, edamame and corianders leaves and cook till prawns are cooked. Adjust salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and discard whole spices.
- In the meanwhile, boil some lightly salted water and cook the spaghettini until well done. Drain and rinse in cold water and strain in colander; cut into shorter strands and keep aside.
- Heat Q.B.B. Pure Ghee in a wok and fry the white gram until it turns golden brown.
- Add in the mustard seeds and dried chillies and fry till the seeds stop spluttering.
- Add in the onion slices and curry leaves and sauté till onions turn golden brown.
- Add in the vegetables, turmeric powder and salt and sauté briefly.
- Add in drained spaghettini and lemon juice and stir to combine well.
- Serve with cooked prawns.