If you are pressed for time and cannot make it to a spa, here is an anti-aging mask that can also be used as a scrub. Hydrating honey and nutritional anti-aging powerhouse of health sesame seeds, pair together for a truly age erasing wonder.
Watch a video of how this scrub is made and applied: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H34-vMF1es
- 2 teaspoons white sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons natural honey
- Wash face and dry the face with a clean towel.
- Place both types of sesame seeds in a mortar or a Japanese sesame grinding bowl and crush the sesame seeds.
- Add in the honey and mix well.
- Either with a clean hand or a foundation brush, spread the mask on the face. Apply evenly.
- Let the mask sit for 20 minutes on the face and then wash off.
- After the mask is completely washed off your face, splash your clean face with cold water. This will help close and tighten your pores and lock in the moisture.
- Pat your face dry and apply your usual moisturizer
- 1. It is best to prepare the mask each time you want to apply. However, you can keep any extra in an airtight container in the refrigerator and use it within a week or just eat it or spread on bread. Use only twice a week.
- 2. Use the mask at night for best results.
- 3. Sesame seeds contain a lot of vitamin E is believed to be able to moisturize and also smoothen the skin.
- 4. Honey can help moisturize, fight aging, and fight bacteria. Plus, it’s loaded with nutrients, antioxidants, and healing compounds. The enzymes in honey clarify skin and keep pores clear and clean.