Turmeric has natural antibacterial and antiseptic properties and you can use it to prevent wounds and cuts from becoming septic. It can detoxify you and is an anti-inflammatory. It can relax you and move you out of depression. Turmeric also helps in repairing of damaged skin. Regular consummation of turmeric tea prevents flu viruses from attacking your body. Here is a simple Turmeric tea recipe and you should if possible drink it at least twice a week. If you have liver problem due to alcoholism, perhaps you can drink it only once a week.
3 cm fresh turmeric, peeled
1 cm ginger, peeled
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
Boiling hot water
Honey to sweeten
Milk, if you like
- Using a fine grater, grate the turmeric and ginger into a mug (don’t use your favorite mug as the turmeric might stain it)
- Add cumin seeds and pour boiling hot water into the mug and leave this aside for about 15 minutes.
- Sweeten with honey or add milk and, drink.
- If you don’t want the feel of the grated turmeric or ginger in your mouth, strain it before drinking.
- After you have finished drinking turmeric tea, remember