Well known Italian dessert made with an Asian twist - real yummy!
Write a review
- 20 g unflavored gelatin powder
- 150 ml water
- 20 g pandan leaves, washed and cut into 2 cm pieces
- 350 ml low fat milk
- 100 g caster sugar
- 200 ml coconut cream
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Serve with lychees or Kahlua
- Place gelatin and water into a small bowl and leave aside for 10 minutes.
- Place the pandan leaves and milk until fine into a blender and process until the milk turns green. Strain using a muslin cloth.
- Bring the pandan milk and sugar to boil with the soaked gelatin. Stir constantly till the sugar and gelatin had dissolved.
- Pour in the coconut cream and in the salt and remove from heat. Use a whisk to whisk until the coconut cream is not lumpy.
- Strain the hot mixture into a glass measuring cup with a pouring spout. Pour into 150 ml glass bowls or pannacotta moulds and leave to cool and then refrigerate until it sets.
- To unmold and serve, carefully dip bottom of each glass bowl or mould in a shallow pan of hot water briefly. Run a thin knife around the edge of each bowl to loosen it from the inside of the bowl.
- Wipe the outside of the mould dry and place on individual chilled serving plate - topside down.
- Invert the pannacotta onto the plate and carefully lift off the bowl or mould. Shake the mould gently to release.
- Serve with fresh lychees, canned lychees or coffee sauce spiked with a bit of Kahlua.
Spice Queen http://spice-queen.com/