A popular Singaporean Chinese dish my style.
Write a review
- TO ROAST THE CHICKEN
- 3 shallots, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon Q.B.B. ghee
- 2 tablespoons dark soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 chicken breasts or 1 kg chicken parts
- TO COOK THE RICE
- 2 tablespoons Q.B.B. ghee
- 4 cloves garlic, pounded coarsely
- 5 thin slices ginger
- 500 g long grain rice, washed and drained
- 900 ml chicken stock or water
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 screw pine leaves, tied into a knot
- TO MAKE THE CHILLI SAUCE
- 5 red chillies
- 4 chilli padies
- 15g fresh young ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 80 ml chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon melted Q.B.B. ghee
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- TO ROAST THE CHICKEN, place all the marinate ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Spread the marinate on the chicken parts and leave to marinate for 2 hours.
- Place on a rack in a preheated oven of 180°C and bake it for 40 minutes, basting it often with Q.B.B. ghee.
- Cut into pieces before serving with rice and sauce.
- TO COOK THE RICE, heat Q.B.B. ghee and sauté the garlic and ginger until very aromatic.
- Add rice grains and stir-fry 3 - 4 minutes, until glossy and fragrant.
- Transfer to a saucepan and add the rest of the ingredients. Bring to boil and cook until liquid level evaporates. Serve dish with chili sauce
- TO MAKE THE CHILLI SAUCE, blend all the chilli sauce ingredients together until smooth.
- Serve the rice with the roasted chicken, chilli sauce and maybe some cucumber and tomato slices.
Spice Queen http://spice-queen.com/