Miso Soup with Tofu
The Japanese, drink this soup at the end of their meal as the fermented miso is said to help in digestion.
Write a review
- 1500 ml water
- 2 teaspoons dashi stock granules
- 2 blocks silken tofu, diced
- 3-4 tablespoons white miso (adjust to taste)
- 2 stalks spring onions, chopped
- Boil water and dashi granules together.
- Add tofu and mushrooms and simmer gently about 3 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in the white miso.
- Sprinkle with spring onions before serving.
- One can use almost any combination of vegetables in miso soup, but you have to cook the hard vegetables longer.
- If you have a combination of soft and hard vegetables, add the soft vegetables later.
- The miso flavor will weaken if you overcook the miso, so add the miso gradually only after the rest of the ingredients have fully cooked in the broth.
- To preserve flavor, do not bring the soup to a boil after the miso is added.
Spice Queen http://spice-queen.com/